Learn about proper nutrition with a focus on optimal health using the last scientific research. It is aimed at anyone considering a healthy lifestyle, such as vegetarians, vegans, flexitarians, Mediterranean diet aficionados, or those looking at a career in health and wellness, such as a Nutritional Therapist or Wellness Coach. I’ve made this course for all diets, but there are tips for vegan and vegetarian nutritional sources. It will subtly show benefits to a plant based diet without being pushy.
I was a vegan for almost 10 years before becoming a flexitarian. I don’t believe in pushing a diet but do believe in sharing research. There is a lot of confusion on healthy eating. So much online info is based on theory and logic, but that’s not proof. Blue zones have been scientifically researched and show generations who live well into 90’s and even 100 with vitality (climbing trees at 99? doing heart surgery at 95? Yup!).
In this course I will cover ALL the macro-nutrients such as carbs, fats, protein plus the essential micro-nutrients such as vitamins and minerals. At the end of this course you will have the tools you need to make good menu choices. Plus you will understand how specific nutrients affect your body and why they are so important to your health.
This course is designed for anyone who wants to take their knowledge of nutrition to the next level, may be considering a career in nutrition, and/or for vegetarians, vegans, and others who want to have optimal health.
What you will be able to after this course:
- Confidently read ingredient lists and nutritional labels.
- You will understand the key elements of a healthy diet.
- Create a healthy vegan diet will all the nutrients you need.
- Avoid the fads and diet extremes seen on the internet.
- Weed through the nonsense written by inexperienced bloggers and foodies.
- Understand the details of food nutrients and how they affect the body.
- Provide for yourself all the nutrients you need from plant based foods.
- Avoid the pitfalls of a restricted diet.
There is about 2-2.5 hours of video plus supplemental handouts, so it will take about 4 hours to complete this course.