Most of us are ok with life for the most part but have something missing on the inside. Something that bothers us from time to time. It may get in the way of growth, or to the point we can't ignore it any longer, or it might just remain there, under the surface, a nagging feeling. Wherever you are at on this scale you can find full joy, peace., even healing from past hurts or recovery from present challenges.
There are many ways to deal with painful emotions, develop fulfilling relationships, change bad habits, and create successful goals with long lasting results. I use researched methods, such as cognitive behaviour therapy and several other tools. Recovery is possible in a relatively short time frame, using the TEAM-CBT approach (by renowned psychiatrist and author of "Feeling Good" Dr. David Burns,).
While I have all the general skills and training as a professional counsellor and life coach, I also specialize in three areas:
- TEAM-CBT for depression, anxiety, and other painful emotions,
- Integrative Health Coaching for implementing positive lifestyle goals for body, mind and soul..
- Faith-based counselling for Christians.
Benefits to Working with Me
- Warm, supportive space where you can feel safe and understood.
- Easy access to private, confidential expert help in the comfort of your own home!
- Save money with brief therapy that lasts a lifetime.
- Results driven, know you are going in the right direction with measurements to see progress every session.
- Affordable. I have a discount system plus clients recover very quickly.
- Lasting results! Learn skills to help with anxiety, depression, relationship problems for years to come!
- Get help now. Appointments available with short notice.
- I've been there too! I've defeated depression, crushed anxiety, conquered bad habits, and developed awesome relationships using these tools myself and I have a wonderful mentor base to draw from if I don't have the answers.
Can I Really Change?
CBT is documented effective for: depression, anxiety, habits & addictions, PTSD, as well as for improving positive thinking, improving relationships, and forming good habits. And yes, the brain really can change. The MOVIES are wrong, "you aren't just the way you are" held captive by your DNA, circumstances, and upbring.
How does it work?
Through confidential video chat we'll work together each week to find solutions that work for you until your issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. Warning there will be required homework between sessions. We meet one last time after your recovery to do relapse prevention. So you can use the tools you've learned on your own for years to come. You are always welcome back for a tune up or new goals.
To get started, book a free 15 minute online consultation. You'll need good internet connection, a web cam, and private location. During the consultation you'll have the opportunity to tell me briefly what your needs are and you'll have an opportunity to ask questions about me and the process.
After the consultation, if we both feel it's a good fit, You'll do an intake session, where we will talk about your needs and personal history. You can decide on proceeding with standard weekly sessions or double sessions for faster recovery. After the intake, if you choose, we can enter into either a life coaching or a counselling relationship and you can book your first session.
How long will it take and what will it cost?
Every individual is unique, so it can take a few or many sessions. But most of my clients see some improvement in the first couple sessions. If you don't see some kind of improvement in at least 3 sessions (not including consultation and intake), I'll give you your fourth session free. Brief therapy typically lasts between 6 and 12 sessions depending on the issue and how much the client applies the homework between sessions but this varies. Depression, anxiety, trauma, PTSD are generally quicker recovery than relationship issues and habits/addictions.
Session pricing here. Monthly plan has some significant savings or if you need financial help I do have limited sessions with discounted rates. You can ask more about these options during the consultation.
Don't wait to feel better. Talk with me about where you are now and where you want to be.
Booking policies below calendar, please read!
- By booking online you agree to communication via email.
- Video sessions have limitations such as disconnection, technology glitches, etc. If you are suicidal, please visit www.crisisservicescanada.ca or call 911!
- It is vital you are in a safe, distraction free location. You must have high speed internet and a web camera.
- Effective therapy/life coaching requires a commitment to regular sessions and homework in between. Be prepared to participate in your own recovery!
- Unlike life coaching, counselling has legal limitations. If you are not in an area that is covered by my license, I can provide life coaching using the same methods.
- Your information will be kept confidential except if there is an imminent threat of suicide, violence to others, or current child abuse.
- If you have any questions about these policies please email me email@example.com or call 1-877-597-3883.