If there is something limiting you, getting in the way of life, or you can't ignore it anymore, it's time to do something about it. We often don't spend money or time on ourselves, yet getting help IS a benefit to all those around you!
There are many ways to deal with painful emotions, develop fulfilling relationships, change bad habits, and create successful goals. I use researched methods, such as cognitive behaviour therapy and other tools. Recovery is possible in a short time, using the TEAM-CBT approach.
Before and after each session we do a progress check on how you are feeling to ensure we are moving in the right direction. If you are not feeling some improvement within the first couple sessions, I'm happy to offer you a free double session to see if we can gain some momentum. I encourage you to book a free session with me!
While I have all the general skills and training as a professional counsellor and life coach, I also specialize in three areas:
- TEAM-CBT therapy or coaching for depression, anxiety, relationships, habits, and addictions..
- Integrative Health Coaching for implementing positive lifestyle goals for body, mind, and soul.
- Faith-based counselling or coaching for Christians.
Benefits to Working with Me
- Warm, supportive space where you can feel safe and understood.
- Easy access to private, expert help in the comfort of your own home!
- Results driven, know you are going in the right direction with measurements.
- Affordable. I am less expensive than others's trained in my field plus have a discount system.
- Lasting results! Learn skills to help with anxiety, depression, relationship problems for years to come!
- Get help now. Appointments available with short notice.
- I've been there too! I've defeated depression, crushed anxiety, conquered bad habits, and developed awesome relationships using these tools myself and I have a wonderful mentor base to draw from when I don't have the answers you need.
How long will it take and what will it cost?
Every individual is unique, but my clients do see some improvement in the first couple sessions. According to the progress reports, some clients have a 50% reduction in depression and anxiety during the first session. This isn't surprising because brief therapy in research has been shown to be as effective as traditional long term therapy.1 Full dislosure: this doesn't mean a full cure is available to everyone in just a couple sessions, but the journey can be off to a quick start.
What does full recovery look like? Standard CBT counselling is 5 to 20 sessions, weekly or biweekly.2,3
Why such a range? Generally speaking relationship issues, habits and addictions take longer than depression, anxiety, and mood disorders. Also, clients that are motivated to change and do their homework recover faster. And double sessions are more powerful than two 1 hour sessions, reducing recovery time.
TEAM is made more effective by combining CBT with empathy and other tools that might be applicatble to the individual client creating a custom plan just for them. Those who've worked with Dr Burns, the orginator of TEAM-CBT, very often find healling over 1-3 double sessions. I certainly cannot make promises, but when clients are motivated and do the homework, no matter how hard it might be, recovery can be relatively quick and last for a lifetime!
How much does a session cost? Pricing Here.
Can I Really Change?
CBT is documented effective for: depression, anxiety, PTSD, as well as for improving positive thinking, improving relationships, and in helping form good habits. Also, I use other tools, we aren't limited to only CBT. Yes, the brain really can change. Movies and novels are wrong, "you aren't just the way you are" held captive by your DNA, circumstances, and upbring.
How does it work?
Through confidential video chat we'll work together each week (or every two weeks) to find solutions that work for you until your issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. Warning there will be required homework between sessions. We meet one last time after your recovery to do relapse prevention. So you can use the tools you've learned on your own for years to come. You are always welcome back for a tune up or new goals.
To get started, book a free 15 minute online consultation. You'll need good internet connection, a web cam, and private location. During the consultation you'll have the opportunity to tell me briefly what your needs are and you'll have an opportunity to ask questions about me and the process.
After the consultation, if we both feel it's a good fit, You'll do an intake session, where we will talk about your needs and personal history. You can decide on proceeding with standard weekly sessions or double sessions for faster recovery. After the intake, if you choose, we can enter into either a life coaching or a counselling relationship and you can book your first session.
Don't wait to feel better. Talk with me about where you are now and where you want to be.
Policies below calendar, please read before booking!
- By booking online you agree to communication via email, phone or text. Whichever you provide..
- It is vital you are in a safe, distraction free location.
- You must have high speed internet and a web camera.
- Unlike life coaching, counselling has legal limitations. If you are not in an area that is covered by my license, I provide life coaching using similar tools.
- Your information is kept confidential unless there is threat of suicide, violence to others, or current child/elder abuse.
- Video sessions have limitations such as disconnection, technology glitches, etc.
- No refunds on missed sessions. Must provide minimum 24 hours notification to change appointment.
If you have any questions please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Gingerich, W. J. (Review published: 2013.). Effectiveness of solution-focused brief therapy: a systematic qualitative review of controlled outcome studies. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK138422/
2. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cognitive-behavioural-therapy-cbt/how-it-works/.
3. Cognitive behavioral therapy. (2019, March 16). Retrieved from https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cognitive-behavioral-therapy/about/pac-20384610.