How long will it take and what will it cost?
Every individual is unique, but my clients generally see some improvement in the first few sessions. This isn't surprising because brief therapy has been shown to be as effective as traditional long term therapy.1 Research shows standard CBT counselling can last approximately 6 to 20 sessions, per issue, with weekly sessions (longer if two or three weeks between sessions).2,3 Why such a range? Certain issues take longer than others. For example relationship concerns and habits/addictions generally take longer to work through than depression, trauma, PTSD & anxiety. Some clients want to work on multiple issues which extends therapy time. Clients that are motivated to change and do their homework do recover faster. Also, the amount of homework done between sessions will greatly affect recovery times. And lastly, how willing the client is to give up all the benefits to their current mindset. Yes, there are benefits that can't be ignored.
How much does a session cost?
Counselling rate is $210 per session which is 75 minutes long. Counselling goes through the Feeling Good Institute, click here.
For life coaching please see below for session length options and prices.
Do you have lower fee options?
I do offer low fee rates (see below) but there is a 3-6 week wait list and extra homework is required to speed therapy/coaching along. IE: client must read both "Feeling Great" and "When Panic Attacks" before our first session together.
I also offer sliding scale to current clients whose insurance runs out or finances change. How does a sliding scale work? You decide what you can afford and let me know your budget. I'll design a schedule to fit that. It could be every two weeks or shorter sessions. Let me know during consultation if this is something you need to take advantage of.
Do you ever offer free sessions?
Yes, I do offer free sessions from time to time as I can afford. Please only choose this option if you've are ready to put in a lot of homework and effort. These sessions are limited to depression or anxiety concerns and the client must read both "Feeling Great" and "When Panic Attacks" before our first session together. We generally do a double session and a couple shorter follow up sessions after that..
How long is a session?
My standard session is 75 mins. I do have 50 min sessions for "lunch hour" and 110 min sessions for those who'd like to fast track healing.
I also have shorter 30min sessions for those clients as well for clients do a lot of work on their own but need a little help and guidance or accountability partner.
What are your polices?
- By booking online you agree to communication via email, phone or text.
- It is vital you are in a safe, distraction free location. You must have high speed internet and a web camera.
- Unlike life coaching, counselling has legal limitations. If you are not in an area that is covered by my license, I may be able to provide life coaching.
- Your information is kept confidential unless there is threat of suicide, violence to others, or current child/elder abuse.
- Video sessions have limitations such as disconnection, technology glitches, etc.
- No refunds on missed sessions! Refunds allowed with 48 hours notice. Rescheduling up to 12 hours before session.
- As a person with Fibromyalgia I can have a flare up and need to reschedule the morning of our appointment.
If you have any questions please email me: email@example.com
Prices and Calendar
1. Gingerich, W. J. (Review published: 2013.). Effectiveness of solution-focused brief therapy: a systematic qualitative review of controlled outcome studies. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK138422/
2. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cognitive-behavioural-therapy-cbt/how-it-works/.
3. Cognitive behavioral therapy. (2019, March 16). Retrieved from https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cognitive-behavioral-therapy/about/pac-20384610.